Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I haven't posted on this site for a while. Besides starting an artist group with my wife called BALM we have been very busy. My son Caden was diagnosed with Nueroblastoma cancer June 28th, 2007. Click the image below to see a post on one of my other blogs with a sculpture that I am working on about his condition and situation.

I wanted to post a piece that I am working on. I have been very interested in carving wood lately. I don't know why exactly, but it seems like I am getting back to my roots. The first time I remember working 3-D was always in wood. My dad gave me a pocket knife when I was 8 and after I learned by getting three stitches, I carved him two swords crossing and attached them to a tree truck slab. I also carved a horse, but he did the majority of the work on this one.

Anyway, below is a cedar piece I am working on and set aside for a while to figure out what to do with it. I will post later a wood form that I am working on for a commissioned piece.
You can see my main site at http://darinwhite.com/.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home