Friday, November 11, 2005

Mr. B and his work out holding a large fish?


I have found that a whip cracking over my head works wonders in the area of working out (I picture the White Witch of Narnia and Edmund running before her). I started going to Dog Days again this summer after around 15 years off. I had to reintroduce myself to Red Dog. I was able to go 6-8 times over the course of around 2 months and I was becoming chiseled like the rock I knew I could be. Jda would quote a line from Naploen Dynamite in which the goofy uncle says, "Back in '82 I could throw a pigskin a quarter mile!" (Now what about the layer on top of the rock).

dwhitey & his work out regiment

Well, blown to poo, as they stopped dog days for a few weeks, and I haven't been back since. One of the motivations to go to Dog Days was also a small pond just a stones throw away from the stadium where we work out. I just happened to have my fishing rod with me and snagged onto a decent bass (around 2+ lbs) one day after working out. Shanart felt as though I was cheating doing both, since I was leaving her with the chittlins for longer, but I was back by 7:15 (most nights). I did however start running this week again. I huffed and puffed like the wolf at the three pigs. I took Mr. C out one day in his stroller and boy that hurt. Once I get past the first few days, it seems to be quite a bit easier. It is sad to say from working out 4-6 hours a day, to having it be a rare occasion. I miss my chiseled look, I want it back. I guess I will eat less steak tonight on my date to Longhorns with Shanart.

2 Comments:

Blogger f o r r e s t said...

So what is Dog Days and the Red Dog? Is that a gym in Lawrence? Good story!
I can wait to see the Narnia movies.

Is Mr. B reading your posts? We need to get him envolved.

1:23 PM  
Blogger dwhitey said...

Red Dog is a nickname for Mr. Gardner who is a trainer at KU and has always helped out as a trainer for LHS football and other sports. We were required to go to his summer training program called Red Dog's Dog Days. The hour camp is up on campus in the football stadium. They run it usually 3 times a day, 6am, 12pm & 6pm. It was open to whoever wants to come, so I decided to get off my rear and attend again.

In regards to the Narnia Movies, I can't wait. We have been reading them to the kids. NEW loves it. C man likes about 1/4 of the chapter and then is ready to play. Shanart and I are loving it.

Mr. B just checked it out around lunch today for the first time since I started updating it. I showed him your blog too, and we had a few laughs. You are so eccentric! lol! But seriously, we have enjoyed your escapades (and your better halfs too).

Shanart is concerned because I have a tendency to get too involved in everything I do, so she said, "Is this another Ebay deal?"
I think it is good to have a venue to both communicate, rant and share. Thanks for letting me know about blogger.com! Oh by the way this post is the first one I did with your suggestion of how to add multiple images. I had been posting them with Hello, and it was much harder. thanks, d

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home